Dr. Scott Chambers is a principal of Porzio, Bromberg & Newman and a member of the firm's Intellectual Property Department. He concentrates his practice in all areas of patent law including licensing, patent infringement and validity issues, patent prosecution, patent term extensions under Hatch Waxman and client counseling. Dr. Chambers is a skilled litigator who represents clients in federal courts and before government agencies including the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office ("USPTO"), the Federal Trade Commission, and the International Trade Commission.
Having previously served as an Associate Solicitor for the USPTO, Dr. Chambers knowledge of how the agency operates enables him to provide additional insight to clients involved in the patent process.
Recognized as an authority in the area of patent law, Dr. Chambers is a well published author and a frequent speaker on the topic. He regularly serves as an expert witness on U.S. patent law and procedures. Dr. Chambers currently teaches classes on international intellectual property law and advanced courses in patent law as an adjunct faculty member at Georgetown University Law School, Catholic University Law School and George Washington Law School.
• Benitec Australia Ltd. v. Nucleonics, Inc., 495 F.3d 1340 (Fed. Cir. 2007)
• Abbott Laboratories v. Novapharm, Ltd., 323 F.3d 1324 (Fed. Cir. 2003)
• Emergency Fuel, LLC v. Pennzoil-Quaker State Co., 71 Fed. Appx. 826 (Fed. Cir. 2003)
• In re Dance, 160 F.3d 1339 (Fed. Cir. 1998)
• In re Clement, 131 F.3d 1464 (Fed. Cir. 1997)
• In re Emert, 124 F.3d 1458 (Fed. Cir. 1997)
• Hoechst-Roussel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. v. Lehman, 109 F.3d 756 (Fed. Cir. 1997)
• In re Mayne, 104 F.3d 1339 (Fed. Cir. 1997)
• Merck & Co., Inc. v. Kessler, 80 F.3d 1543 (Fed. Cir. 1996)
• In re Alton, 76 F.3d 1168 (Fed. Cir. 1996)
• Honigsbaum v. Lehman, 903 F. Supp. 8 (D.D.C. 1995)
Syracuse University, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, Syracuse, NY, Certificate of Public Administration, 1999
George Washington University, Washington, D.C., J.D., 1993
Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, Ph.D., 1981
Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, B.S., 1974
1200 New Hampshire Avenue NW, Suite 710
Washington, DC 20036-6802