Chemical Industry Overview
At Porzio, we have a sophisticated understanding of the legal concerns facing the chemical industry. This insight has been honed through years of practice in the areas of Toxic Tort and Environmental Law, areas of critical importance to the industry. However, our expertise goes far beyond these services.
We offer our clients in the chemical industry a well-rounded suite of legal services ranging from litigation to employment law, from corporate transactions to environmental compliance. By working closely with our clients on a wide variety of matters, we gain a detailed understanding of how they operate and grow. This insight enables us to advise clients at a strategic level—enabling them to avoid costly roadblocks and navigate the regulatory maze. Invariably, the result is more effective and efficient representation.
A Suite of Services
The services we offer the petroleum and chemical industries include:
- Litigation—Defending companies in individual and class action claims related to toxic exposure, product liability and contractual disputes
- Business Dispute Resolution—Resolving disputes, through litigation, arbitration or mediation, between companies that do business together
- Transactions—Handling acquisitions, mergers, divestitures and sales of companies or business units domestically, cross-border and internationally
- Governmental Affairs—Providing advice and advocacy relating to governmental regulations, including legislative and regulatory lobbying
- Employment and Labor—Defending companies against claims made by employees, including claims related to discrimination, wage and hour and OSHA. We also provide assistance in dealing with unions and employee groups
- Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring—Helping distressed companies reorganize, retool, recover and rebuild and assisting clients whose suppliers suffer from insolvency-related issues
- Environmental—Helping companies comply with environmental regulations, including site clean-up; also advise on solar and alternative energy installations
- Land Use and Real Estate—Working with clients on projects from concept to completion
- Insurance Coverage—Counseling companies on insurance coverage and litigating to secure that coverage
- Intellectual Property—Representing clients on the full gamut of IP issues - trademarks, copyright and patents in registration, protection and infringement