Financial Services Industry Overview
Porzio attorneys have decades of experience serving some of the region’s most respected banks and mortgage companies. As a result, we understand the business and legal concerns of the financial services industry and know how to quickly and smoothly bring transactions to closing.
We offer our clients in the financial services industry a well-rounded suite of legal
services ranging from corporate transactions to employment law. Having worked closely with many financial services companies, we have an in-depth understanding of issues facing the industry. This understanding allows us to advise our clients at a strategic level—enabling them to avoid costly roadblocks and navigate regulations.
A Suite of Services
The resources we offer to the financial services industry include:
- Land Use, Real Estate and Construction—Representing lenders from term sheet to closing in connection with real estate or asset-backed loans.
- Environmental Law and Litigation—Helping lenders minimize the environmental risk associated with land and buildings that are to be mortgaged.
- Governmental Affairs—Advocating the legislative and regulatory interests of the financial services industry in the state of New Jersey.
- Insurance Coverage Law—Counseling lenders on insurance coverage and litigating insurance coverage disputes.
- Corporate Law—Litigating for and counseling lenders on a wide range of corporate legal matters, including business disputes, mergers and acquisitions, and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring—Helping lenders restructure the terms of loans after the recipient of the loan has become distressed.
- Employment—Assisting firms in developing employee manuals, formulating policies and procedures, defending against employee claims of discrimination, and negotiating severance packages.