Manufacturing Industry Overview
At Porzio, we understand the legal concerns of product manufacturers. Our attorneys have decades of experience representing and defending a wide spectrum of products and product manufacturers. Our product manufacturing clients include Ingersoll-Rand Company, Club Car, Inc., Schlage Lock Company, Clark Equipment Company, Crown Equipment Corporation, TEREX Corporation, VIAD Corp., Sevylor and Anthony & Sylvan Pools, Inc.
A Suite of Services
Decades of experience working very closely with product manufacturers enables us to offer industry-leading expertise in nearly all areas of law relevant to the industry, including:
- Product Liability Defense—We defend manufacturers against claims that their products are defective and have harmed a person or damaged property. We have tried cases involving products ranging from forklifts to keyboards. Our experience includes appellate work and, on numerous occasions, we have acted as national or regional coordinating counsel in product liability actions. We also represent manufacturers in the pharmaceutical, chemical and asbestos industries.
- Recall and Retrofit Counseling—We handle all aspects of product recall or retrofit, including: identifying and rectifying the problems with the product; designing a campaign to notify product owners and locate products; coordinating with insurance firms; and working directly with public relations agencies to help preserve the manufacturer’s reputation and market share. We have experience with recall and retrofit counseling involving products as diverse as train brakes and portable air compressors.
- Business Disputes and Counseling—We assist companies in resolving business disputes with other companies, including suppliers, customers and competitors, and, where necessary, handle commercial litigation.
- Employment—We defend companies against claims made by employees, including claims related to OSHA investigations and citations. We also provide assistance in dealing with unions and employee groups.
- Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring—We help distressed companies reorganize, retool, recover and rebuild. Additionally, we help vendors and other creditors secure payment from debtors.
- Environmental Compliance—We help companies comply with environmental laws and regulations, including obtaining appropriate permits.
- Insurance Coverage—We counsel companies about insurance coverage and we litigate to secure that coverage if necessary.