Corporate, M&A and Securities
At Porzio, our Corporate attorneys deliver more than sound legal advice. We provide clients with real-world business expertise.
The practice area is led by two veteran attorneys who have also served as senior officers of large, publicly-traded corporations. Our attorneys are experienced as both outside counsel and in-house counsel, and directly advise senior management and directors on key legal issues. They have represented many public and private companies, both in the United States and abroad, and have led numerous public offerings, private placements and major financings. They have also assisted clients in acquiring more than 50 companies.
What We Do
Services provided by our Corporate Team include:
- General Corporate: Formation and structuring of companies; shareholder agreements; employment agreements; financing agreements; contract advice and preparation; and corporate governance and compliance.
- Strategic Counseling: Advice on strategic matters to senior management, individual directors and boards of public and private corporations.
- M&A Transactions: Mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs, joint ventures and other partnering agreements. For details, please visit Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Securities: Public and private securities transactions, disclosure requirements and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. For details, please visit Securities Law.
- Outsourced Legal Work: Assisting general counsel of small and growing companies by acting as part of the in-house counsel team, as requested.
- Investigations: Internal investigations into employment matters, conflicts of interest, fraud, antitrust, environmental and securities law issues, and other areas where an independent counsel’s investigation is in the best interest of the company.
How We Are Different
We are not just lawyers—we are business advisors. Years of experience as attorneys and corporate officers give us uncommon insight into what it takes to run and grow a business. As a result, we can offer exactly the kind of practical advice that companies need.