Kathryn Forman is a Counsel at Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, P.C. and a member of the firm's Litigation Practice Group. Kathryn concentrates her practice in the areas of employment and labor law, and education law.
Kathryn defends employment discrimination, sexual harassment, and whistleblower litigation for public and private sector clients, in all aspects of discovery, motion practice and trial preparation and settlement negotiations. She also has experience with restrictive covenants, employee manuals, and workplace policies, often counseling clients on compliance with employment and labor laws.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
- Recognized on the New Jersey Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List, Employment Litigation: Defense, 2019 - 2021.
A description of the selection process can be found here.
- Co-chair, CEPA Committee for the Labor and Employment Section - New Jersey State Bar Association
- Porzio's Employment Law Year in Review, 1/10/2022
- There Are Zero Reasons Not To Enforce Zero-Tolerance Policies Prohibiting Discriminatory Workplace Language, 6/29/2021
- The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Proposes New Rules Governing Workplace Wellness Incentives, 2/16/2021
- U.S. Department of Labor Issues New Final Rule Setting Forth Test For Classifying Workers As Independent Contractors Based Upon "Economic Realities", 1/07/2021
- Mandatory Paid Leave For Employees Impacted By COVID-19 Will Become Voluntary In 2021 Under The Consolidated Appropriations Act, 12/28/2020
- Guidance Released on New Jersey's Equal Pay Act, 11/20/2020
- Employers Should Plan Proactively To Address The Increased Risk Of COVID-Related Claims Under The Conscientious Employee Protection Act, 5/28/2020
- Challenges for New Jersey Employers Facing COVID-19 Related Workforce Reductions, 3/31/2020
- “Trenton Makes, The World Takes:” Implications of the Court’s Recent Application of NJLAD to Out-of-State Employees, 9/30/2019
- New Jersey Invalidates Non-Disclosure Provisions In Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Settlements, and Prohibits Preemptive Waiver of Statutory Rights, 3/25/2019
- "Not Your Mother's Maternity Leave: 2021 Considerations For Accommodating Pregnant Workers and New Parents," Porzio Employment Law Forum, October 20, 2021.
- "Managing COVID-related Workplace Accommodation Requests," Porzio Employment Law Forum, October 27, 2020.
- "The Old School and the New - Considerations for School Re-Opening," Porzio Webinar, July 7, 2020.
- "Employers Should Plan Proactively to Address the Increased Risk of COVID-Related Claims Under the Conscientious Employee Protection Act," NJSBA, June 23, 2020.
- "When to Take A Closer Look: Investigating Employees and an Employer's Duty of Care," Porzio Employment Law Forum, October 2019.
- "Minds That Play Tricks on Us: Outsmarting Unconscious Bias," Porzio Employment Law Forum, October 3, 2019.
Prior Relevant Experience
- The Honorable Stephan C. Hansbury, P.J.Ch., Superior Court of New Jersey, Morristown, NJ, Law Clerk.
- The Honorable Joseph A. Dickson, U.S.M.J., U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, Newark, NJ, Judicial Intern.
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Newark, NJ, Legal Intern.