Ahmed – a commercial and products liability litigator – is typically called upon to litigate challenging cases in difficult venues with significant amounts at stake. He has achieved successful results for clients in numerous cases through his strategic motion practice and negotiation skills. He listens to his clients to create practical litigation strategies designed to get them where they want to be as quickly and cost-effectively as possible. While Ahmed helps his clients avoid litigation by mitigating their risks and seeking early conflict resolution, he does not flinch at aggressively litigating cases when necessary. His dedication to his work and his ability to effectively build client relationships has resulted in clients specifically selecting Ahmed to work on their matters around the country.
A former chemical engineer, Ahmed leverages his background to achieve favorable results by working with his multinational clients to navigate complex scientific and medical issues related to product liability matters, which typically involve chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and asbestos. A skilled litigator, adept at crafting streamlined discovery plans and trial preparation, clients have entrusted him with all aspects of their cases from lead counsel on individual matters to mass tort team member responsible for depositions, motion practice, and settlement negotiations. Ahmed currently serves as regional counsel for two global telecommunications companies, working closely with the clients and national counsel on defense strategy and early resolution of asbestos exposure claims.
Over the years, Ahmed’s practice has evolved from being focused solely on products liability matters to a broad-based, comprehensive litigation practice. Ahmed has represented clients of all sizes in complex commercial litigation, including disputes involving construction contracts, commercial leases, and class actions. Ahmed increasingly counsels public accommodation clients regarding website accessibility litigation under Title III of the American with Disabilities Act. Whether the issues revolve around products liability, commercial disputes, or violations of the ADA, Ahmed understands the stakes and helps his clients reach the most favorable resolution in the most economical way.
Ahmed maintains an active pro bono practice that has included representing: a Chinese family in successfully obtaining asylum for their pro-democracy views; petitioners in post-conviction proceedings seeking expungement of their criminal records; plaintiffs alleging that their constitutional rights were violated during an arrest; and, most recently, New Jersey Office of Public Defender clients as appellate counsel.
In addition to his clients, Ahmed is respected among his peers. He currently serves on the ABA’s TIPS Law Journal Editorial Board and the ABA’s Practice Renewal & Reintegration Task Force. Additionally, he is an active member of the Federal Bar Council and the New York State Bar Association. He has spoken on litigation-related topics at legal conferences and law schools.
Outside of the courtroom, Ahmed enjoys cooking, snowboarding, and restoring vintage motorcycles.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
- Recognized on the New Jersey Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List, Business Litigation, 2019.
A description of the selection process can be found here.
- Recognized on the New York Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List, Class Action/Mass Torts, 2018-2019.
A description of the selection process can be found here.
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Council
- New York County Lawyers' Association
- New York State Bar Association
- "The ADA and Website Accessibility Post-Domino's: Detangling Employers' and Business Owners' Web and Mobile Accessibility Obligations," ABA Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section Webinar, May 18, 2020.
- "Hot Topics In ADA Compliance: From Websites to Reasonable Accommodations," Porzio Employment Law Forum, Morristown, NJ, November 15, 2017.
- Regional counsel for two global telecommunications companies in defense of asbestos exposure claims in New York and New Jersey.
- Successfully obtained dismissal in federal district court of putative nationwide consumer protection class action alleging client’s coffee label was deceptive.
- Representing global insurer in complex environmental coverage case where developer is seeking more than $20 million in claims related to the remediation of contaminated land.
- Representing condominium owner in action seeking declaratory and injunctive relief against condominium association and its board for defects in the common elements.
- Represented steel fabricator and marble fabricator in construction lien foreclosure actions.
- Counsel for major consumer goods company in asbestos litigation and other products liability matters.
- Counsel for national tractor trailer manufacturer in New York asbestos litigation.
- Defended automotive brake manufacturer in New Jersey asbestos litigation.
- Defended automotive tire manufacturer in products and premises liability matters.
- Defended international cosmetic retail chain in premises and general liability matters.
- Developed motion strategy and obtained dismissals of all actions against sporting goods manufacturer in New York asbestos litigation.
- Obtained pre-answer dismissal in federal court for global pharmaceutical company in failure-to-warn case involving a prescription medication.
- Lead attorney in defending major military defense manufacturer in premises liability action in Bronx County and obtained rare defense summary judgment.
- Assisted in the defense of a global pharmaceutical company in mass tort litigation involving prescription medication resulting in several defense verdicts.
- Assisted in the defense of a global medical device company in mass tort litigation involving surgical implants.