In representing major corporations and small businesses, Jeff Pypcznski understands that the preparation and defense of any matter where litigation is contemplated or has already commenced must begin with a clear understanding of the client's perspective and objectives. This includes upfront identification of expectations, goals and potential impact on financial and business considerations through the use of early case assessment and planning. Once the objectives have been identified, Jeff is known for his assertive, professional and efficient practice that is tailored to obtain the best possible result for his clients.
Over the last 15 years, Jeff has represented Fortune 500 corporations in federal and state courts in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania in a wide range of matters, including product liability, toxic tort, personal injury, professional liability, construction defect, class actions, and business litigation. He has defended design and manufacturing defect claims for major auto manufacturers, as well as manufacturers of consumer products, industrial equipment and heavy machinery in trial court and on appeal. He also represents and counsels several insured and self-insured design professionals, consultants, and commercial carriers on business matters, litigation planning, and dispute resolution. He routinely appears in state and federal courts and manages all aspects of litigation from pre-suit planning, strategy for discovery, depositions, and motion practice, and through trial and appeal if necessary.
Jeff is also an active member and maintains leadership positions with numerous professional organizations in which he has served, including as Chair of Publications for DRI Toxic Tort and Environmental Committee, Vice-Chair with the American Bar Association Toxic Tort Committee, and member of the New Jersey Defense Association.
- Program Chair, 2018 Annual ABA Toxic Tort and Environmental Law Conference
- Chair of Publications, DRI Toxic Tort and Environmental Law Committee
- Vice-Chair of American Bar Association Toxic Tort and Environmental Law Committee
- New Jersey Defense Association
- "Driving Value and Efficiency While Managing Outside Litigation Teams: A Dual Perspective from an Outside General Counsel," New Jersey Defense Association & Association of Corporate Counsel of New Jersey Joint Products Liability Seminar, Newark, NJ, February 1, 2019.
- "Anatomy of Jury Deliberations in a Toxic Tort Trial," ABA Toxic Tort and Environmental Law Seminar, Phoenix, AZ, April 7, 2018
- "Ethics and Legal Advertising: Blogging, Social Media and Your Internet Profile - How to Manage It Effectively and Ethically," ABA TIPS 25th Annual Spring Meeting, Trends in Toxic Torts and Environmental Law, April 7, 2016
- Panel Presentation on Top Developments in Toxic Tort Law for 2014, DRI Spring Meeting, Toxic Tort and Environmental Law, March 2015
- “Managing the Defense of Design Professionals” – International Association of Defense Counsel, 2011 Professional Liability Roundtable, May 2011
- “An Overview of New Jersey Federal Practice” – New Jersey CLE Presentation, March 2011
- Represents a multi-national automobile manufacturer in state and federal product liability actions alleging design defect, manufacturing defect, and failure-to-warn claims. In two recent product cases involving significant personal injuries, obtained pre-trial summary dismissal of all claims and subsequently prevailed on appeal on behalf of the manufacturer, and negotiated a voluntary dismissal of defect claims following completion of party depositions.
- Defense of multi-national chemical manufacturers in personal injury, class action medical monitoring, and groundwater contamination toxic tort matters, involving allegations of environmental exposure to asbestos, benzene, and other chemical products, and claims of strict liability, private and public nuisance, and RCRA.
- Defense of design professionals, contractors and business owners in professional liability cases involving claims of defective design, construction, and construction oversight. Successfully obtained pre-trial dismissal of claims alleging professional liability, negligence, and fraud in a $12 million construction defect case against a Geotechnical and Environmental Engineering firm.
- Counsel for an international consumer electronics company in breach of contract claims and labor and employment disputes.
- Defense of premises and business owners on personal injury and negligence claims.
- Defense and counseling of engineering and environmental consulting firms in environmental contamination, groundwater contamination and professional liability matters.
- Defense of more than 50 cases representing insured and self-insured companies and commercial transportation carriers in cases involving contractual disputes, personal injury, and catastrophic claims.
- Represented major real estate and investment firm in employment-related matters and appeals before State Insurance Appeal Boards.