Paralegal – Business Law
The Business Law Team seeks a very experienced paralegal to join the Morristown office. We are an equal opportunity employer - women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate will have prior transactional experience - essential functions include the following:
- Experience working on transactional matters such as formation of entities, preparation of first draft agreements, checklists, due diligence/document control of sales and purchases of businesses, loan transactions, and real estate related matters.
- Ability to create Excel related analysis and organizational charts of companies and their structure.
- Ability to communicate directly with clients and outside counsel to facilitate a matter.
- Research experience on Lexis or Westlaw (and preferably Practical Law) to organize and create form contracts and other documents.
- Ability to manage and follow-up on projects with the use of ASANA based platform (preferred).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Paralegal Certificate, from an ABA-approved program, preferred.
- Project management experience or training preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated mastery of practice area skills, professional skills, and knowledge of internal operations sufficient to handle routine matters within individual area of authority using discretion and initiative.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility in daily work schedule to meet company/client needs during periods of heavy workload.
- Flexibility in schedule to travel on company/client-related business.
- A valid driver’s license and/or ability to transport oneself to off-site project locations independent of mass transit.