Paralegal – Corporate
Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, P.C., a full service law firm located at 100 Southgate Parkway, Morristown, NJ, seeks a Full-time, Non-Exempt Paralegal to join its Corporate team. Corporate Paralegals are responsible for managing complex matters and/or complex projects and work under the direct supervision of an attorney. Corporate Paralegals are expected to perform at a high level of productivity, effectiveness and competence.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience working on transactional matters such as formation of entities, preparation of first draft documents, closing checklists, due diligence for transactions, loan transactions, and real estate related matters.
- Ability to create Excel related analysis and organizational charts of companies and their structure.
- Ability to communicate directly with clients and outside counsel to facilitate a matter.
- Research experience on Lexis or Westlaw to organize and create form contracts and other documents.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently provide premium client service in a cost-effective manner.
- Demonstrated proficiency in performing factual investigation and research.
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and apply legal requirements.
- Proficiency in project management, including estimating time needed to complete projects.
- Ability to adhere to general office policies and procedures.
- Assist in training, orientation and mentoring of Paralegals and other support personnel.
- Provide or supervise general clerical support, including filing and indexing. • Proficiency in time keeping best practices.
- Proficiency in using firm equipment, including but not limited to, telephones, photocopy machines, fax machines, binding machines and computers.
- Proficiency on all applicable firm computer programs.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to manage and follow-up on projects with the use of ASANA based platform (preferred).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Paralegal Certificate, from an ABA-approved program, preferred.
- Project management experience or training preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrate mastery of practice area skills, professional skills, and knowledge of internal operations sufficient to handle routine matters within individual area of authority using discretion and initiative.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility in daily work schedule to meet company/client needs during periods of heavy workload.
- Flexibility in schedule to travel on company/client-related business.
- A valid driver’s license and/or ability to transport oneself to off-site project locations independent of mass transit.
For consideration, please send your resume to Jennifer Ciaburri.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
The statements contained in this job description are not necessarily all-inclusive; additional duties may be assigned and job requirements may vary from time to time.