Paralegal – Wealth Preservation (Trusts & Estates)
Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, P.C., a full service law firm located at 100 Southgate Parkway, Morristown, NJ, seeks a Full-time, Non-Exempt Paralegal to join its Wealth Preservation team. Wealth Preservation Paralegals are responsible for managing complex matters and/or complex projects and work under the direct supervision of an attorney. Wealth Preservation Paralegals are expected to perform at a high level of productivity, effectiveness and competence.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Obtain letters of administration, testamentary, guardianship and trusteeship;
- Assist with bonding process for administrators, executors, guardians and trustees;
- Maintain and prepare fiduciary accountings;
- Manage estate administration process (including calendaring and coordination of document collection process with clients);
- Prepare state and federal tax returns (including income, estate, inheritance and gift tax returns);
- Prepare estate and trust settlement agreements, refunding bonds and releases;
- Prepare surrogate court filings;
- Calculate fiduciary commissions;
- Prepare government benefit redeterminations and informal accountings;
- Calendar government benefit applications, manage verification process and coordinate document collection process with clients;
- Prepare estate planning documents including last wills and testament, powers of attorney, living wills, and trusts under attorney supervision; and
- Assist clients to fund trusts and retitle assets.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently provide premium client service in a cost-effective manner.
- Demonstrated ability to draft client-related documentation specific to assigned practice area, including but not limited to, correspondence, pleadings, closing papers, factual research memoranda, budgets, discovery and motion papers.
- Demonstrated proficiency in performing factual investigation and research.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and apply court rules.
- Ability to meet with or interview clients, experts and witnesses.
- Proficiency in project management, including estimating time needed to complete projects.
- Ability to adhere to general office policies and procedures.
- Assist in training, orientation and mentoring of Paralegals and other support personnel.
- Provide or supervise general clerical support, including filing and indexing.
- Proficiency in time keeping best practices.
- Proficiency in using firm equipment, including but not limited to, telephones, photocopy machines, fax machines, binding machines and computers.
- Proficiency on all applicable firm computer programs.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Paralegal Certificate, from an ABA-approved program, preferred.
- Project management experience or training preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated mastery of practice area skills, professional skills, and knowledge of internal operations sufficient to handle routine matters within individual area of authority using discretion and initiative.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility in daily work schedule to meet company/client needs during periods of heavy workload.
- Flexibility in schedule to travel on company/client-related business.
- A valid driver’s license and/or ability to transport oneself to off-site project locations independent of mass transit.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
For consideration, please send your resume to Jennifer Ciaburri at JACiaburri@pbnlaw.com.