David comes to the firm with expansive experience representing both debtors and creditors in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 Bankruptcy Proceedings. This experience has included but is not limited to representations of individuals, businesses, commercial landlords, third party purchasers at sheriff sale, and secured creditors. He brings extensive experience in managing cases from onset to fruition. David prides himself in providing constant evaluation of a case both at its beginning and as it progresses to help guide clients with an eye towards the ultimate goal and best possible outcome through every step of the process. His process is guided by the knowledge that every situation is different and often requires creative thinking to obtain the best possible result for a client. David also possesses extensive litigation experience in managing litigations from case initiation until case completion including but not limited to court appearances, drafting of pleadings and dispositive motions, conducting client meetings and strategy discussions, and administering depositions.
His experience includes prosecution and defense of adversary proceedings in bankruptcy proceedings, litigating contested applications to dismiss a debtor’s bankruptcy case, litigating claim objections in bankruptcy cases, litigating state court collection matters, litigating state court eviction matters, litigating motions to vacate sheriff sales in the state court, prosecution and defense of fraud claims, litigating contract disputes at both the trial division and appellate division, litigating insurance declaration matters, prosecution and defense of avoidance actions in both state court proceedings and bankruptcy proceedings, litigating state court insolvency proceedings through Assignments for the Benefit of Creditors, litigating matrimonial matters that spill over into bankruptcy proceedings, litigating commercial disputes in both state court proceedings and bankruptcy proceedings, prosecuting and defending contested motions for relief from the automatic stay, and negotiating complex settlements.
David graduated from Rutgers University-Newark School of Law with a J.D., Cum Laude. During law school, he was a part of the Nationwide Street Law Program where he taught basic aspects of the law to high school students spending two years at Great Falls Academy in Paterson and a half year at Irvington High School.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
- Awarded the Street Law Prize by the New Jersey Bar Association for his commitment to the Street Law Program.
- Turnaround Management Association-New Jersey Chapter since 2013
- Justice Robert L. Clifford American Inn of Court 2013-2020
- New York Bar Association Since 2014
- New Jersey Bar Association Since 2013
- Passaic County Bar Association 2013-2020
- Use of the Bankruptcy Code Remains Elusive for Marijuana Businesses, 5/04/2022
- Small Business Alert – "Subchapter V" Changes, 3/17/2022
- No Surprises Act and the Provider/Patient/Payor Dynamic Backdrop, 2/01/2022
- Recent Third Circuit Decision Restores Litigant's Standing to Pursue Causes of Action After the Chapter 7 Trustee Abandoned Them, 10/05/2020