Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Porzio partnered with the Institute for Entrepreneurial Leadership (IFEL), a non-profit in Newark, and its Adopt-A-Business Corporate Volunteer program to help support minority and women-owned small businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Porzio joined the recently formed Law Firm Antiracism Alliance (LFAA). LFAA consists of over 200 firms across the United States. The group's goal is to address equality and social justice as well as systemic racism in government, corporate, and social structures. To achieve these hefty goals, LFAA is leveraging resources from the private bar and legal service organizations to use the law for change collectively.
- Porzio is a founding member of the New Jersey Law Firm Group for the Hiring and Retention of Minorities and has played an active role in the group since its inception in 1990.
- Porzio routinely sponsors and attends events hosted by the Asian Pacific American Law Student Association, Latin American Law Student Association, Association of Black Law Students, and Muslim Law Students Association, among others, at several New Jersey and New York law schools.
- Porzio has participated in the Minority Student Program at Rutgers University School of Law-Newark since 2005. The program provides socio-economically, educationally or culturally challenged students with mentoring, internships and academic support.
- In 2011, Porzio partnered with Seton Hall Law School to create a distinguished speakers series titled Diversity Speaks. Since, then the goal of Diversity Speaks is to bring prominent speakers to Seton Hall Law School to discuss issues related to diversity in the legal profession.