Patricia Morgan is Of Counsel to Porzio, Bromberg & Newman and is a member of the Firm’s Education Team. Patricia has more than a decade of education policy experience, having served as a former Assistant Commissioner at the New Jersey Department of Education as Chief Legal & External Affairs Officer, as well as serving as Assistant Counsel in the Governor’s Office, focusing on K-12 education, higher education, and children and families.
Patricia works with traditional public school districts, charter schools, private schools for students with disabilities, and higher education institutions. She has in-depth legal and policy expertise in special education, school ethics, school funding, and student discipline, including matters of harassment, intimidation, and bullying.
Patricia clerked for the Honorable Stuart J. Rabner, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of New Jersey and the Honorable Peter G. Sheridan, United States District Court of New Jersey.
Patricia is also a Director at Porzio Governmental Affairs, specializing in education policy with over a decade of experience both inside and outside of government.
- Member, Board of Trustees, Autism New Jersey (2022-Present)
- Member, Board of Trustees, Museum of Early Trades & Crafts (2022-Present)
- Time to Act on Policy Solutions for New Jersey Students, 4/14/2021
- Keeping Tabs on New Tools to Keep Students Learning, 2/23/2021
- Charter and Renaissance Schools Need $900M for Repairs, Upgrades Over Next Decade, 3/06/2020
- State's Latest Proposal on Student Testing is Regressive, 10/17/2019
- Does NJ High School Diploma Signal Readiness for a Successful Future, 6/18/2019
- Learning Never Ends, Soft Skills Matter, Tomorrow is Exciting: 7 Lessons from an Education Summit That Could Shape the Future of Education, 2/11/2019
- How to Prepare New Jersey Workers for Seismic Job Changes, 1/18/2019
"Legal Update," Presenter, Porzio Employment Law Forum, Morristown, NJ, 10/04/2023