Joe Dolan is a principal in Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, P.C.'s Wealth Preservation Department and the founding member of the firm's Tax, Trusts & Estates Practice. Mr. Dolan has been practicing law for 30 years and has more than 30 years of experience working as a professional in the business, financial and tax fields. Mr. Dolan has a rare combination of tax and business acumen and trial experience that makes him unique among Tax, Trusts & Estates attorneys and estate and business litigators.
Mr. Dolan uses his tax knowledge and experience to counsel and advise wealthy individuals, families, professionals, business owners and entrepreneurs in estate planning matters to successfully transfer their wealth from one generation to the next with as little income, and trust administration, estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer tax consequences as possible. Mr. Dolan guides families, Trustees, Administrators and Executors through the probate process and assists with the preparation of federal and state inheritance and estate tax returns and fiduciary income tax returns.
Mr. Dolan also assists clients with the formation of business organizations such as corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies. He assists clients with business governance matters. Mr. Dolan has also counseled clients in connection with the sale or transfer of all or a portion of their business organization.
An accomplished litigator, Mr. Dolan utilizes his litigation experience and skills to successfully represent clients in substantial litigation matters in both federal and state courts. In the course of his experience, Mr. Dolan has represented executors, administrators, trustees, beneficiaries, guardians, incapacitated persons, surviving spouses, and families in estate, trust, guardianship and fiduciary litigation matters. Estate and trust litigation matters frequently involve disputes over family-owned businesses or interests in real property. As such, Mr. Dolan has also represented businesses, business owners, corporations, and Limited Liability Company members in corporate divorce, oppressed minority shareholder, oppressed minority limited liability company members, breach of contract, and commercial disputes in both federal and state courts.
Because of Mr. Dolan's reputation as an attorney who can successfully navigate complicated trust and estate disputes, he is frequently appointed as the Court Appointed Attorney, Guardian and Guardian ad litem, Administrator and Trustee by County Surrogates and Chancery Division Judges in New Jersey.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
- Morris County Bar Association
- 24 Porzio Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers ® in America, 2023 Edition, 8/18/2022
- Congratulations To The 23 Porzio Attorneys Recognized In Best Lawyers® In America, 2022, 8/19/2021
- Porzio Recognized in 2016 Top 50 Verdicts in New Jersey, 5/04/2017
- Porzio's Litigation Practice Profiled by New Jersey Law Journal, 11/15/2016
- $2,125,000 Jury Verdict Awarded to Porzio Client, Danish Crown, 3/21/2016
- 2023 Q1 Tax Updates, 1/24/2023
- IRS Delays $600 Reporting Threshold, 1/24/2023
- The Far Side, 1/24/2023
- The Silver Lining of Inflation, 1/24/2023
- Understanding the Once-A-Year Rollover Rule, 1/24/2023
- 2022 Year-End Tax Planning , 12/13/2022
- The Complexity of Charitable Contributions, 12/13/2022
- Converting Traditional IRAs to Roth IRAs, 12/13/2022
- Crypto Investments, 12/13/2022
- Delaying Income and Accelerating Expenses, 12/13/2022
- Looking Ahead: Tax Rates, Gift & Estate Exemptions and Tax Legislation, 12/13/2022
- Should You Harvest Losses?, 12/13/2022
- 2022 Year-End Tax Planning Resources, 12/13/2022
- 2017 Year-End Planning Update, 12/13/2017