Daniel Makoski is counsel to Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, P.C. and a member of the firm’s Wealth Preservation Group. His primary areas of concentration are tax planning, tax controversy, transactional business matters, wills, trusts, and estate planning.
Mr. Makoski has extensive experience advising clients on personal income tax matters, including tax-efficient methods of acquiring and distributing assets; negotiating with tax authorities to minimize or eliminate tax deficiencies; appearing in the U.S. Tax Court; and handling IRS appeals. He has also drafted many estate plans, living wills, health care proxies, and powers of attorney. In addition, Mr. Makoski has significant expertise counseling business clients on business formation, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring, governance, and dissolution.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
- Recognized on the New Jersey Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List, Estate & Probate, (2015-2018, 2022). A description of the selection process can be found here.
- Member, Hunterdon County Bar Association.
- Co-Chair of Trust, Estate, Probate & Elder Law Committee, Hunterdon County Bar Association, 2019-2021.
- President of Board, Contextual Family Services, Inc., a non-profit organization
- Trustee, Greater Middlesex Somerset County Estate Planning Council
"State of Vicinage XIII Probate and Equity Practice and the Role of CDR/ADR," 2022 HCBA Virtual Symposium, 4/05/2022