Garcia Samuylov is an associate with Porzio's Wealth Preservation Group. She has a Masters in Laws and Letters (LL.M) in Taxation and extensive experience supporting litigation-related matters. The combination of Garcia’s LL.M in Taxation and litigation experience provides a unique opportunity to formulate and defend estate and tax planning strategies.
As an estate planner, Garcia protects clients' immediate interests and long-term futures through sophisticated estate and tax planning. She assists clients with asset management and protection, will and trust construction, wealth transfers, guardianship appointments, and probate and fiduciary litigation. Garcia also provides services for charitable organizations and private foundations, focusing on business succession planning, business coordination, corporate governance, and corporate formations.
Garcia prides herself on being a team player and providing strategic, innovative, and practical solutions to complex legal issues. As a litigator, she has partnered with colleagues to defend individuals and business entities in complex commercial suits, consumer fraud class actions, product recalls, tax audits, and federal white-collar criminal defense. She has supported and defended the firm's public school districts and private school clients with special investigations of workplace discrimination and harassment, breach of contract suits, and debt recovery.
Garcia is adept at issue analysis, defense strategy, conflict resolution, and obtaining favorable results for her clients. She employs a practical and cost-effective approach to every matter. She is also committed to pro bono work, having handled restraining order requests for victims of domestic violence and applications for record expungement for reformed individuals. Garcia has leveraged her eclectic legal background into a multi-faceted career that effectively serves Porzio's clients well.
- Employers, Have You Reviewed Your Compensation Structure Lately?, 4/28/2023
- Employers Beware: Severance Agreements Containing Broad "Gag Clauses" Are Unlawful, 3/02/2023
- Porzio's 2022 Employment Law Year in Review, 12/28/2022
- Employers Must Recognize And Support Male Victims of Sexual Harassment In The Workplace, June 2022
"Post-Pandemic Peril: What Employers Need to Know Now," Porzio Employment Law Forum, 11/02/2022
"All On-Board: How to Recruit and Safely Bring Talent On To Your Team," ASAH's Annual Symposium for Business Office and Human Resources Personnel, 5/13/2022
- "Navigating the e-Discovery Hydra," Porzio, Bromberg & Newman CLE Program, Fall 2010.
- What's a Mass Tort, What's a Class Action," Porzio, Bromberg & Newman CLE Program, Fall 2008.
Prior Relevant Experience
- Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, PC, Senior Litigation Specialist, 2009-2021.
- New York State Supreme Court, Unified Court System, Court Attorney, Civil Division, 2001-2002
- New York State Supreme Court, Unified Court System, Commercial Division - The Honorable Justice Barry A. Cozier, Law Clerk, 2000-2001