John Elias has over thirty five years of experience helping clients navigate all aspects of estate planning, estate and trust administration, and succession planning for closely-held businesses. Mr. Elias' estate planning practice assists clients in minimizing tax burdens and maximizing wealth preservation. Mr. Elias' administration practice assists individuals and corporate fiduciaries with discharge duties owed to their beneficiaries to minimize tax liabilities imposed upon trusts, estates and their beneficiaries. Mr. Elias also assists clients in satisfying their philanthropic goals. He has extensive experience in general business and succession planning; asset protection; fiduciary and probate litigation, and federal and state tax audits and disputes.
Prior to joining Porzio, Mr. Elias was a founding member of Elias Sellitti LLC, a boutique law firm with its main office in Basking Ridge, New Jersey, and a satellite office in New York, New York. Prior to founding Elias Sellitti, he was a trust and estates partner in several regional and national law firms.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
- Board of Governors, Fairmount Country Club, Chatham, NJ, 2012-2013
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member
- New York Bar Association, Member
- Board of Trustees, Washington Association of New Jersey, 2017 - present; Treasurer, 2019-2020; Second Executive Vice President, 2020-present
- Board of Directors, Junior Achievement of New Jersey, Inc., 2008-2013
- Borough Council, Borough of Madison, NJ 2004-2009
- Board of Directors, 1997-2003; Endowment Committee, 2003-2006, Madison Area YMCA, Madison, NJ
- Board of Directors, Museum of Early Trades and Crafts, Madison, NJ, 1994-2001
- Board of Directors, 1996-2002, Chair, 2000-2002, Clergy Partnership on Domestic Violence, Madison, NJ
- Advisory Council, NJ All Stars, Newark, NJ 2004-2009
- Gift Planning Advisory Council of the Greater New York Chapter of the American Red Cross, New York, NY, 2009-2010