Charles Falk is Of Counsel to Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, P.C and member of the firm’s Personal and Fiduciary Services practice group. He has specialized for more than 25 years in the fields of corporate tax, international tax, tax litigation, real estate tax planning, bankruptcy taxation, gift and estate tax, and deferred compensation planning. He is also a Certified Public Accountant. He is the author of eight books, published in more than one hundred major articles, and is a frequent speaker, both internationally and nationally.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
- Recognized in Best Lawyers in America, Tax Law; Trusts and Estates, 2012 - 2022.
A description of the selection process can be found here.
- American Bar Association, Committee on Taxation
- Virginia Bar Association, Committee on Taxation
- New Jersey Bar Association, Committee on Taxation
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Coordinating Committee, Fairleigh Dickinson Federal Tax Institute, 1983–1989
- Bureau of National Affairs, BNA Tax Management, Board of Advisors, 1989–present; Bankruptcy Law Reporter, Board of Advisors, 1991–present
- 2023 Q2 Tax Updates, 4/27/2023
- A Look At President Biden's Budget Tax Proposals, 4/27/2023
- Crypto Corner, 4/27/2023
- Golden Passports & Moving to Puerto Rico, 4/27/2023
- Tax Shorts, 4/27/2023
- 2023 Q1 Tax Updates, 1/24/2023
- IRS Delays $600 Reporting Threshold, 1/24/2023
- The Far Side, 1/24/2023
- The Silver Lining of Inflation, 1/24/2023
- Understanding the Once-A-Year Rollover Rule, 1/24/2023
- 2022 Year-End Tax Planning , 12/13/2022
- The Complexity of Charitable Contributions, 12/13/2022
- Converting Traditional IRAs to Roth IRAs, 12/13/2022
- Crypto Investments, 12/13/2022
- Delaying Income and Accelerating Expenses, 12/13/2022
- Looking Ahead: Tax Rates, Gift & Estate Exemptions and Tax Legislation, 12/13/2022
- Should You Harvest Losses?, 12/13/2022
- 2022 Year-End Tax Planning Resources, 12/13/2022
Prior Relevant Experience
- Executive-in-Residence, Seton Hall University, South Orange, New Jersey, 1998–2004
- Seton Hall University, South Orange, New Jersey, Adjunct Professor of Taxation, 1995–1998
- Fordham University, New York City, Associate Professor of Taxation, 1992–1995
- Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison, New Jersey, Professor of Taxation, 1987–1994