Martin A. Newmark is Of Counsel to Porzio, Bromberg & Newman and a member of the firm’s Commercial Practice Group, specializing in real estate and commercial litigation. He represents clients in the purchase and sale of residential, commercial and industrial properties. An experienced land use attorney, Mr. Newmark frequently appears on behalf of clients before municipal zoning and planning boards in variance and site plain/subdivision projects. Mr. Newmark is also a seasoned litigator, representing buyers, sellers and real estate brokers in litigation arising out of real estate transactions.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America®, Land Use and Zoning Law, 2020 - 2021.
A description of the selection process can be found here.
- Current member and past President of the Morris County Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, District X Ethics Committee by appointment of the New Jersey Supreme Court
- Chairman, District X Fee Dispute Committee by appointment of the New Jersey Supreme Court
Opinions, Decisions and Cases
- Henningsen v. Randolph Twp., 214 N.J. Super82 (App. Div. 1986)
- Gennari v. Weichert Realtors, 148 N.J. 582 (1997)
- In re Bock, 128 N.J. 270 (1992)
- Weichert v. Ryan, 128 N.J. 427 (1992)
- Farrell v. Janik, 225 N.J. Super 282 (L. Div. 1988)
- Gennari v. Weichert, 288 N.J. Super 504 (App. Div. 1986)
- Selengut v. Ferraro, 203 N.J. Super 249 (App. Div. 1985)
- Andrew Realty v. Little Falls Twp. 2 N.J. Tax 114 (1981)
- Spialter v. Testa, 162 N.J. Super 421 (Dist. Ct. 1978)
- Matter of Quackenbush, 156 N.J. Super282 (App. Div. 1978)
- Lundy v. Collitti, 155 N.J. Super 34 (L. Div. 1977)
- State v. Talbot, 71 N.J. 160 (1976)
- State v. Talbot, 135 N.J. Super 500 (App. Div. 1975)
- Teller v. Major Sales Inc., 64 N.J. 143 (1974)