Dietary Supplement Legal Update - August 2016
A variety of legal and regulatory challenges exist in the dietary supplement industry, including federal and state legislatures, agencies and courts. Some of the more significant developments are summarized in the current issue, including:
- FDA Issues NDI Draft Guidance
- GMO Labeling Bill Signed into Law
- Puerto Rico Secretary of Health Issues Administrative Order on Dietary Supplements
- FDA Issues Medical Food Guidance
- FDA Deeming Regulations Made Final
- Chobani Yogurt Labeling Appeal Stayed
- Senator McCaskill Makes Inquiry After Study Shows Dietary Supplements Can Make Chemotherapy Less Effective
- Update on CBD
- Summary of California Supreme Court Proposition 65 Case, Environmental Law Foundation v. Beech-Nut Nutrition Corp.
To read the full issue, please click here.