8th Annual Porzio Employment Law Forum
The 8th Annual Porzio Employment Law Forum was held on November 15, 2016 at Porzio's Morristown, NJ office location.
In-house counsel, business owners, managers, human resource professionals and other company officials with a need for an understanding of employment law and regulations attended from all over New Jersey. Participants learned about the latest developments in federal and New Jersey employment law, networked with peers and Porzio attorneys, and gained up-to-date knowledge to help minimize their organizations' exposure to liability.
Industry hot topics included:
- "Job Descriptions: Cutting Edge Tips for Ensuring You Get It Right the First Time," presented by Vito A. Gagliardi, Jr. Esq. and Janelle Edwards-Stewart, Esq.
- "Knowing That The "E" in "E-Mail" Stands for "Evidence:" Best Practices For Employers," To Manage Electronically Stored Information presented by Eric L. Probst, Esq. and Deborah H. Share, Esq.
- "New Regulations, Legislation, and Case Law Impacting Your Business," presented by Sal M. Anderton, Esq., Marie-Laurence Fabian, Esq., and Eliyahu S. Scheiman, Esq.
- "Cyber Security For Employers: Not A Question Of If, But When," presented by Deirdre R. Wheatley-Liss, Esq. and David L. Disler, Esq.
- "Critical Changes to the FLSA: Exempt vs. Non-Exempt Employees," presented by Kerri A. Wright, Esq. and Emre M. Polat, Esq.
- "Potential Impact of Trump Administration on New Jersey Businesses," presented by Vito A. Gagliardi, Jr., Esq., Sal M. Anderton, Esq. and Barbara DeMarco
This complimentary seminar provided the option of New Jersey Continuing Legal Education credits and general credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
To receive the Porzio Employment Law Monthly and to stay informed on future Porzio events, please sign up here.