Personnel Services Assistant
Opportunity to contribute to HR Department in the following areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting with
- Attorney recruitment, including posting job openings, entering applicants into database (Lawcruit), creating applicant files, scheduling interviews, coordinating review of applicants' materials, confirming bar admissions and conflict checks.
- Secretarial recruitment, including posting job openings, tracking applicants, creating applicant files, scheduling interviews, administering testing, background checks and conflict checks.
- Recruitment for other departments including, job posting, background checks and conflict checks.
- Facilitation of in-house legal training, including but not limited to: maintenance of legal training calendar; drafting and circulation of save-the-dates and invites; tracking RSVP's; preparation of sign-in sheets, evaluation forms and certificates; coordination with Office Services and IT Services regarding room set-up, catering and technology needs.
- Assuring Porzio's compliance with New Jersey CLE requirements; assist with organizing CLE materials, including sign-in sheets, evaluation forms and certificates.
- Coding, check requests and invoices. Maintain good records of each.
- Administrative needs of team members including scheduling meetings, filing, record keeping, and any other support as needed.
- Daily check reconciliation process.
- Assist with coordination of new hire orientation, including but not limited to: preparation of orientation schedules, preparation of new hire packets, preparation of orientation materials, preparation of 401(k) benefits packages and touring new employees.
- On-boarding functions, including: updating InterAction, ADP, personnel birthday calendar and creating personnel files.
- Assist with coordination and planning of internal and external firm functions.
- Assist with evaluation process for firm personnel.
- Payroll functions and employee benefits programs.
- Planning and coordination of training and personnel development programs.
- Planning and organization of firm-wide pro bono, charitable giving and community service efforts and programming.
- Coordinating reception and secretarial coverage.
- Special projects as needed.
- Perform conflict searches to ensure avoidance of conflicts of interest.
- Provide assistance with Reception functions, including efficient managing of telephone calls and messages, visitors and deliveries.
Position Skills and Requirements:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- One to three years of experience working in Human Resources in a professional services organization.
- Strong written, oral communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- A solid understanding of good writing – sentence structure, thought completion, grammar rules.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to meet project deadlines, work well under pressure and handle multiple priorities.
- Attention to fine detail is a must.
- Self-starter with flexibility and adaptability to changing work priorities, work flow and work assignments.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now is a plus.
- Exposure to personal information requires confidentiality, discretion, good judgment and integrity.
- Flexibility in daily work schedule to meet firm's needs during periods of heavy workloads.
- A valid driver’s license or ability to transport oneself to off-site meeting locations independently of mass transit, if necessary.