Maurice J. Gallipoli is Of Counsel to Porzio, Bromberg & Newman P.C. At Porzio, he continues his legal career in litigation and dispute resolution, providing third-party neutral service as an arbitrator, mediator, discovery master, confidential investigator and/or trustee, as well as assistance with settlement negotiations and/or case management of complex cases.
Prior to Porzio, Judge Gallipoli was a certified civil trial attorney and active in the Essex and Hudson County bar associations before being appointed to the bench in 1987. He served as a trial Judge in Hudson County until his appointment as Assignment Judge for that vicinage in 2004. He retired from the bench at the end of 2012.
- Member of New Jersey Supreme Court Committee charged with studying alternatives to permanent disbarment for misappropriation of client funds
- Supreme Court Disciplinary Review Board, Chair
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- New Jersey State Bar Association, member
- Hudson County Bar Association, member (President 1985)
- North Hudson Lawyers' Club, member
- Essex County Bar Association, member
- Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey, member
- Judicial Council, former member
- Supreme Court Committee on Electronic Filing, former member
- Judiciary IT Steering Committee, former Chair
- Conference of Civil Presiding Judges, former Chair
- Supreme Court Civil Practice Committee, former member
- Supreme Court Committee on Judicial Salaries and Pensions, former Vice Chair
- Supreme Court Arbitration Advisory Committee, former member
- Supreme Court Committee on Trial Attorney Certification, former member
- Supreme Court Committee on Character, former member
- District VI Ethics Committee, former member
"Hot Topics in Mediation and Arbitration Including Ethical Issues for Attorneys," Hudson County Bar Association, 3/22/2023
"The Essential New Jersey Legal Ethics Primer," NJICLE, 11/30/2022
2022 Trial Advocacy Institute Ethic Panel, American College of Trial Lawyers/NJICLE Trial Advocacy Summer Institute, 7/15/2022
- "Let’s “Judge” For Ourselves," Porzio Employment Law Forum, October 20, 2021.
- American College of Trial Lawyers/NJICLE Trial Advocacy Summer Institute, "Trial Ethics", July 17th, 2020.
- Civil Trial Advocacy Summer Institute, New Jersey Law Center, New Brunswick, New Jersey, July 12-13, 2018.
- "Mediation Advice from 100 Years of Judicial Experience," NJSBA Senior Lawyers Special Committee, NJICLE Seminar, New Brunswick, NJ, January 12, 2017.
- Civil Trial Advocacy Summer Institute, New Jersey Law Center, New Brunswick, New Jersey, July 11-12, 2016.
Prior Relevant Experience
- Superior Court of New Jersey, Hudson Vicinage
- Assignment Judge, 2004-2012
- Law Division Civil Part Presiding Judge, 1988-2004
- Law Division Civil Part Judge, 1987-1988