A passionate, hard-working, and experienced trial lawyer, Raquel R. Rivera tried homicide, gun, narcotics, robbery, and stalking offenses to verdict as an Assistant Prosecutor in the Hudson County Prosecutor’s Office. As part of the Gangs and Narcotics Unit, she also counselled law enforcement and developed strategy for handling non-fatal shooting and narcotics investigations. Raquel is leveraging her trial experience at Porzio as part of the Litigation Group to defend largescale entities in products and premises liability matters and represent white collar and employment defense clients in complex litigation. She is a poised and effective communicator and problem solver, who is Spanish-speaking and successfully advocates for a diverse clientele with cultural competence.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
- Recognized on the New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars List, Employment & Labor, 2021-2022.
A description of the selection process can be found here.
Prior Relevant Experience
- Hudson County Prosecutor’s Office, Jersey City, New Jersey, Assistant Prosecutor, September 2015 - May 2020
- Honorable Adam E. Jacobs, J.S.C., Hudson County Superior Court, Jersey City, New Jersey, Law Clerk, August 2012 - August 2013
- Bergen County Prosecutor's Office, Hackensack, New Jersey, Appellate and Law Section Intern, May 2011 – April 2012
- Honorable Jose L. Linares, United States District Court, D.N.J., Newark, New Jersey, Summer Extern, May 2010 – August 2010
- American Conference On Diversity, New Brunswick, New Jersey, Facilitator/Camp Advisor, June 2005 – June 2011