David Singer is a principal of Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, P.C. and is a member of the firm’s Environmental Practice Group. His practice focuses on environmental transactions, litigation and compliance matters, the sale and purchase of commercial real estate, land use, and general civil litigation.
David has spent most of his life in New Jersey, including attending Cook College, Rutgers University for his undergraduate degree. While at Rutgers University, he was an active leader in his community by serving as Chair of the Student Affairs Committee of the Rutgers University Senate and accompanying the President of Rutgers University to Washington, D.C., to lobby for increased student aid.
David, who was inducted as a Loyal Son of Rutgers in 2013, continues his active involvement with Rutgers University by serving in various leadership roles, including as a Board member and past-President of the Cook Community Alumni Association and Board member of the Rutgers Alumni Association. David also assists students through Rutgers Student Legal Services.
While attending Vermont Law School, the nation’s top institution for environmental law, David was a member and Co-Chair of the Vermont Law School ABA Negotiations competition board, a member of the Environmental Moot Court Board, and a Dean’s Fellow. He clerked for both the United States Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Virginia and the United States Environmental Protection Agency, Region III.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
- Recognized in New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2021-2023.
A description of the selection process can be found here.
- Recognized on the New Jersey Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List, 2010-2019. A description of the selection process can be found here.
- New Jersey Bar Association, member
- New York State Bar Association, member
- Middlesex County Bar Association, member
- Master - Justice Stewart G. Pollock Environmental American Inn of Court
- Jewish Family Services of Somerset, Hunterdon, and Warren Counties, Vice President & Trustee
- Bridgewater Professional Group, President
- Hillsborough Area Networking Group, member
- Twenty Porzio Attorneys Recognized in 2023 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists, 5/11/2023
- Porzio's David Singer to be Awarded George H. Cook Distinguished Alumni Award , 4/06/2023
- Porzio Expands Environmental & Land Use Practice with the Arrival of Attorneys David J. Singer and Lisa M. Leili, 9/28/2022