Carmen Andrade concentrates her practice in the areas of real estate and corporate law. She provides nationwide, transactional services to her clients in all aspects of commercial real estate as well as corporate and general business matters.
Ms. Andrade leverages her prior general counsel positions with real estate developers, private lenders and retail companies and works with individuals and companies in all aspects of the sale, acquisition, leasing, financing, and development of a variety of real estate including undeveloped, industrial, office and retail properties.
She also handles a variety of corporate and commercial transactions including the purchase, sale, formation, and restructuring of businesses and corporate entities; asset-based lending; and stock transfers. Additionally, Ms. Andrade drafts and negotiates general corporate and business agreements including joint ventures, operating, confidentiality, vendor/vendee, professional services, construction, employment and consulting agreements. She also has substantial experience representing clients in connection with general business counseling and the resolution of business disputes.
- Porzio Announces Principal and Counsel Promotions, 7/01/2021
- Porzio Bromberg and Newman Introduces Business Law Practice, 5/20/2021
- Porzio Handles Jones Act Work for Puerto Rico, 1/04/2019
- Porzio Attorneys Present on Environmental Issues Related to Real Estate Purchase and Lease Transactions, 11/18/2016
- Cannabis Businesses and New Jersey Real Estate: The Landlord's Perspective – Part One: Retrofitting and Leases, 12/14/2021
- Cannabis Businesses and New Jersey Real Estate: The Landlord's Perspective - Part Two, 8/02/2021
- Cannabis Businesses and New Jersey Real Estate: The Landlord's Perspective - Part Three, 8/02/2021
- Cannabis Businesses and New Jersey Real Estate: The Landlord's Perspective - Part One, 8/02/2021
- Marijuana Series: Real Estate Opportunities Fueled by Legalization of Cannabis, The Landlord Perspective, 3/05/2018
"Welcome and Overview: Our Ethical Obligations Related to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and the Elimination of Bias," Porzio's Ethics and Eggs 2021, 12/09/2021
"Substantive Scramble: Impact of Legalization of Cannabis on Commercial Leasing: The Landlord Perspective and Ethical Considerations," Porzio's Annual Ethics & Eggs CLE, 12/01/2017
"Environmental Issues Related to Real Estate Purchase and Lease Transactions," CB Title Group, November 18 and 28, 2016
Prior Relevant Experience
- YM LLC USA successor-in-interest to Big M. Inc., Totowa, New Jersey, General Counsel, Feb. 2012-May 2014; Real Estate Counsel, 2012
- Russo Development, LLC, Carlstadt, NJ, Associate General Counsel, Jan. 2011-Jan. 2012
- KSI Capital Corp., Paramus, NJ, General Counsel, Sept. 2007-June 2009