Richard Bauch is Of Counsel to Porzio, Bromberg & Newman and a member of the firm's Litigation Practice Group. He concentrates his practice on the representation of management in the areas of labor and employment law, education law and general litigation.
Richard defends public and private employers in State and Federal courts and administrative agencies. He represents clients in a wide variety of traditional labor law matters, including collective bargaining, grievance and interest arbitration and unfair labor practice proceedings, both before the National Labor Relations Board and the New Jersey Public Employment Relations Commission. Richard has successfully represented both private and public employers in numerous labor and employment law cases, including discrimination and harassment cases, and in whistleblower and alleged retaliation cases.
Richard counsels employers on employment-related issues such as ADA obligations, FMLA/FLA compliance, wage and hour and prevailing wage matters, and provides training to employers regarding anti-harassment policies and employee appraisal and supervision. He also serves as neutral investigator for employer-requested internal investigations concerning equal employment and other workplace matters.
Admitted to the Roster of Superior Court-approved Civil Law Mediators, Richard serves as a court-approved civil mediator.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Director, Resolution Dispute Section
- New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators
- New Jersey Association of School Attorneys: President, 2002 - 2004; Vice President, 2005 - Present
- Justice Marie L. Garibaldi Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Inn of Court, Member
- Porzio's Employment Law Year in Review, 1/10/2022
- The Joint Employer Merry-Go-Round Comes Full Circle: The USDOL Proposes to Change the FLSA Joint Employer Rules Yet Again, 3/31/2021
- School Boards Have Complete Control Over School Calendar: Application and Implications of Appellate Division Ruling, 8/31/2018
- Third Circuit Clarifies that Employees Can Prove a Hostile Work Environment When Subjected to a Single Workplace Slur, 8/31/2017
- One and Done? Third Circuit Clarifies That Employees Can Prove A Hostile Work Environment When Subjected To A Single Workplace Slur, 8/31/2017
"Avoiding ERISA Withdrawal Liability Traps: Just When You Thought You Were Out, They Brought You Back In," Porzio Employment Law Forum, 11/02/2022
- "Maybe it Does Matter Where Your Employees Work: A Survey of Laws Impacting Remote Work in the Age of COVID-19," Porzio Employment Law Forum, October 27, 2020.
- "Are the Courts Whistling a New Tune Now? Recent Developments in NJ's "Whistleblower Law" Litigation," Porzio Employment Law Forum, October 2019.
- "Avoid Getting Scrambled by the U.S. Government's Antitrust Attack on No-Poaching and Wage-Fixing Agreements," Porzio Employment Law Forum, Morristown, NJ, October 3, 2018.
- "Battle of the Sexes: Waging War Over Pay Equity," Porzio Employment Law Forum, Morristown, NJ, November 15, 2017.
- "Blowing the Whistle on CEPA and School Boards," New Jersey School Boards Association's Spring School Law Forum, Monroe Township, NJ, June 14, 2017.