Rachel Parisi is a member of the firm's Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring department. Her practice focuses on all areas of bankruptcy and restructuring, including the representation of commercial debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, creditors’ committees, commercial landlords, and other parties in interest in bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings. Rachel has represented clients in a wide array of complex cases, including in the healthcare, pharmaceutical, retail, entertainment, casino/gaming, and restaurant and food services sectors. Rachel also has experience in bankruptcy litigation, including prosecuting and defending preference and other avoidance actions.
Rachel is active in the community, volunteering as an Ethics Investigator for the District XA Ethics Committee, as well as within the firm, co-chairing Porzio's Women's Initiative Network.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
- Recognized on the New Jersey Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List, Bankruptcy: Business, 2017-2021.
A description of the selection process can be found here.
- Ethics Investigator, Supreme Court of New Jersey’s District Ethics Committee for District XA (DEC XA), serving East Morris and Sussex Counties (2022-2026)
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Barrister, Bankruptcy Inn of Court
- Member, International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Volunteer, Vincent J. Apruzzese High School Mock Trial Competition
- Volunteer, Homeless Solutions, Inc., Morris Plains, NJ
- Porzio, Bromberg & Newman Selected as Counsel to Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in Grupo Hima San Pablo, Inc. Chapter 11 Bankruptcy , 9/28/2023
- Porzio, Bromberg & Newman Recognized at 2021 New Jersey Law Journal Legal Awards, 9/24/2021
- Porzio Announces Principal and Counsel Promotions, 9/01/2020
- Porzio Honored by NJLJ's Professional Excellence Awards, 6/13/2019
- Wall Street Journal Reports on EZ Worldwide Express's Emergence from Bankruptcy, 12/13/2016
- Porzio Congratulates EZ Worldwide Express and United Business Freight Forwarders on Emerging from Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, 12/12/2016
- Bankruptcy Team Celebrates "East Meets West" during the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges, 10/28/2016
- Small Business Alert – "Subchapter V" Changes, 3/17/2022
- The Evolving Status of Nondebtor Releases in Bankruptcy Plans, 2/14/2022
- Considerations That Loom Large Over the Small Business Debtor, 2/01/2021
- Running on Empty: Why Pacific Gas and Electric Filed for Bankruptcy, 2/08/2019
- Between the Buns: What's Really Included in the Price of Your Burger?, 2/01/2019
- "Bootstrap" Plans Not Just A Thing Of The Past, 2/20/2017
- Healthcare Update: Bad Times for Hospital in the Bayou State, 2/07/2017
- Petersburg Regency: A Case for Structured Dismissals that is Stronger than Jevic, 2/06/2017
"Negotiations: Tools for Achieving Success," AIRA's 39th Annual Bankruptcy and Restructuring Conference, 6/07/2023
"J&J's Texas Two-Step: The Talc Bankruptcy and the Impact on the Tort World," Mass Torts Puerto Rico, 5/05/2022
"RPC 8.4(g): A Primer and Lessons Learned," Porzio's Ethics & Eggs 2021, 12/09/2021
"Ethics Refresh – Conflicts of Interest, Remote Practice and other Topics," Inaugural NJSBA Bankruptcy and Restructuring Forum, 11/18/2021
How to Avoid Automatic Stay Violations - What NOT to do When Presented with a Bankruptcy Filing, Porzio's Fourth Annual WIN Ethics & Eggs Virtual CLE Seminar, 12/17/2020
"Successful Negotiation Strategies for Restructuring Professionals" IWIRC at the Shore, 3/06/2020
Anatomy of a Celebrity Chef Restructure – Issues and Challenges, 21st Annual William H. Gindin Bankruptcy Bench Bar Conference, Atlantic City, NJ, 4/05/2019
"Structured Dismissals," Bankruptcy Inn of Court of New Jersey, 5/01/2017