Tom Reilly is an associate of Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, P.C. and a member of the firm's Litigation Practice Group. He concentrates his practice in the areas of employment and labor counseling and litigaton and education law.
Prior to joining Porzio, Tom served as Law Clerk to the Honorable Jaynee LaVecchia in the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- New York and New Jersey Introduce Bills to Regulate Artificial Intelligence in the Hiring Process, January 2023
- Porzio's 2022 Employment Law Year in Review, 12/28/2022
- Cybersecurity Risks: New Developments Regarding Employer Liability For Work-Related Identity Theft, November 2022
- Nondisclosure vs. Non-disparagement: The Current Loophole In Employer-Employee Settlement Agreements Arising Under The Law Against Discrimination, July 2022
- Where There's Smoke, 'You're Fired'? How The Sale of Personal Use Cannabis In New Jersey Ignites Tensions With Employers' Drug-Free Workplaces, 5/31/2022
- Lapsley v. Township of Sparta: Clarification of the "Premises Rule" In Workers' Compensation Claims, 4/25/2022
- Porzio's Employment Law Year in Review, 1/10/2022
- In "Case" You Missed It: 27-35 Jackson Ave., LLC v. Samsung Fire & Marine Inc. Co., 1/03/2022
- Federal And State Governments Expand Vaccine And Testing Mandates For Employees, 9/27/2021
- In "Case" You Missed It: Giallombardo v. Kyriak: A Clarification Of The Punitive Damages Standard, 9/01/2021
- What Employers Need To Know About Mandatory Vaccine Policies And What To Do With Employees Who Refuse To Be Vaccinated, 5/27/2021
- In "Case" You Missed It: Delaney v. Dickey, 1/14/2021
- DOL Releases New Back-to-School FFCRA Guidance, 9/11/2020
- Old Rules, "New Normal", 5/12/2020
- Leave Entitlements Arising from COVID-19, 3/20/2020
- Appellate Division Confirms that "Magic Words" Are Not Necessary For Law Against Discrimination Claims, 11/20/2019
- Why New Jersey's Reverse Age Discrimination Standard Creates Difficulties for Both Employers and Employees, 10/10/2019
- New Jersey Employers May Not Inquire About Salary History, 8/19/2019
- Employers Guide to New Jersey Equal Pay Act, 7/01/2019
- Governor Murphy Signs Bill Expanding Family Leave Benefits, 3/19/2019
- Have You Really Agreed to Arbitrate?, December 2018
- Having a Policy is Good Policy, 9/27/2018
"Recruitment and Retention: Lawful Methods and Potential Pitfalls Employers Should Know," Porzio Employment Law Forum, 11/02/2022
"Examining the Importance of Leave Laws in the Final Months of FFCRA and Beyond," Porzio Employment Law Forum, 10/20/2020
"The Old School and the New - Considerations for School Re-Opening," Porzio Webinar, 7/07/2020
"Ethical Issues Attorneys Face in Representing Cannabis Businesses," NBI's Marijuana Business Law in NJ, Princeton, NJ, 12/05/2019
"Ethical Issues Attorneys Face in Representing Cannabis Businesses," NBI's Marijuana Business Law in NJ, Newark, NJ, 12/04/2019
"Roundtable Discussion: The Opioid Crisis and Its Impact on the Workplace," Porzio Employment Law Forum, 10/03/2019
Prior Relevant Experience
Prior Relevant Industry and Governmental Experience
- The Honorable Jaynee LaVecchia, Supreme Court of New Jersey, Morristown, NJ, Law Clerk.
- The Honorable Joseph Paone, Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division, Family Part, New Brunswick, NJ, Intern.
Opinions, Decisions and Cases
- In re Attorney General Law Enforcement Directive Nos. 2020-5 and 2020-6, __ N.J. __, 085017 (June 7, 2021).
- Matter of Ridgefield Park Bd. of Educ., 244 N.J. 1, (2020)
- State v. Ruthnaswamy, No. A-000219-19 (App. Div. Dec. 2, 2019)