Robert Schechter is a principal of Porzio, Bromberg & Newman and a member of the firm’s Corporate, Commercial, and Business Law Department. With concentrations in organizational and financial structuring, business reorganization, bankruptcy, and corporate compliance, Robert approaches client needs from a global business strategy perspective. His practice involves the representation of parties with both domestic and cross-border interests and investments, including stakeholders in both in-court and out-of-court business finance, bankruptcy, data privacy and cybersecurity, and corporate compliance matters such as regional, national and international businesses, secured and unsecured creditors, creditors' committees, debtors and sellers and purchasers of assets.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
- Recognized on the New Jersey Super Lawyers List, Bankruptcy - Business, (2022); New Jersey Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List, (2010 - 2015). A description of the selection process can be found here.
- Recognized in Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, (2017 - 2022).
A description of the selection process can be found here.
Media Financial Management Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Health Care Committee, Communications Manager
- Monmouth Bar Association, Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Committee, Chair
- Monmouth Bar Association, Diversity Committee, Member
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- The New York Chapter of The National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences
- NY Institute of Credit
- Turnaround Management Association - NY (TMA)
- 22 Porzio Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in 2022 New Jersey Super Lawyers Rankings, 4/06/2022
- Porzio, Bromberg & Newman Recognized at 2021 New Jersey Law Journal Legal Awards, 9/24/2021
- Congratulations To The 23 Porzio Attorneys Recognized In Best Lawyers® In America, 2022, 8/19/2021
- Congratulations To The 23 Porzio Attorneys Recognized In Best Lawyers In America, 2020, 8/15/2019
- Porzio Honored by NJLJ's Professional Excellence Awards, 6/13/2019
- Porzio's Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring Team Chosen to Represent Unsecured Creditors' Committee for Immune Pharmaceutical, 3/13/2019
- Robert Schechter Quoted in Law360 Article as Creditors Committee of Miami Int'l Medical Center Achieves Favorable Settlement, 5/21/2018
- Bankruptcy Team Celebrates "East Meets West" during the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges, 10/28/2016
- Porzio Announces Relocation of Princeton Office, 9/01/2016
- Porzio Congratulates Revel Amenity Tenants on Favorable Ruling and Continued Dedication to Atlantic City, 7/02/2015
- Porzio Promotes Four Attorneys to Principal and One Attorney to Counsel, 7/01/2014
Cybersecurity & Data Privacy: Resilience, Management, Employee Engagement & Strategic Advantage in 2022, MFM Distance Learning Webinar, 11/16/2021
"Information Security 2021: Real Threats & Practical Preparedness," Monmouth Bar Association Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Committee Webinar, 3/04/2021
"Chapter 11 and Creditors' Committees Overview," MFM/BCCA Media Credit Committee, March 2021
"Best Practices With Respect To Data Privacy And Cybersecurity For Attorneys," Monmouth Bar Association Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Committee Seminar, 10/25/2018
"Best Practices In Managing Vendor Access To Confidential Data," Porzio Employment Law Forum, 10/03/2018
"Corporate Governance and Cross-Border Business: Bureau of Economic Analysis Reporting Requirements and Data Protection," Society for Corporate Governance Middle Atlantic Chapter 2017 Fall Conference, 10/03/2017
"2017 U.S. Department of Commerce Mandatory BEA Reporting Update," CFO Rising East Summit, 3/22/2017
"Mandatory Reporting Requirements for Certain New Foreign Direct Investments in the U.S. in 2016 Explored!" The Knowledge Group Webinar, 10/19/2016
Prior Relevant Experience
- CNN, New York, New York, Associate Producer, 2000–2004
- Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, P.C., Morristown, New Jersey, Summer Associate, 2004
- The Honorable William H. Pauley III, Unites States District Court for the Southern District of New York, New York, Judicial Intern, Fall 2004